8-day: 7 nights hotel accommodation (including breakfast).
5-day: 4 nights hotel accommodation (including breakfast).
- Support of an ATG Route Manager who will meet you at the start of your holiday for a briefing, move your luggage along the route, book restaurants for you, help you with any travel arrangements and be contactable at any time during your holiday.
- Route booklet with detailed maps and easy-to-follow instructions, GPS coordinates, town maps, historcial and background notes and comprehensive general information
- Pre-trip information including travel advice, practical information relating to your trip and what-to-bring checklists
What’s NOT included?
- Lunches: the route books provide information as to where you can purchase picnic supplies and/or bars and restaurants on the route.
- Evening meals: for evenings when a meal at your hotel is not included, the route book has restaurant suggestions to suit a variety of budgets, and the Route Manager will be pleased to book restaurants on your behalf.
- Transport to/from the start/end of the route.
The recommended destination airport for this trip is Edinburgh. From Edinburgh airport there are regular bus and tram services to central Edinburgh (40 mins, £4.50), from where there are regular train connections to Galashiels (£10, 50 mins). From Galashiels therare regular onward bus connections to Kelso and Jedburgh (~£6, 45 mins). By train from London: From London King's Cross there is an hourly service to Berwick-upon-Tweed (3 hrs 40 mins, ~£60-£75), from where there are regular buses to Kelso (50 mins, £7) and to Jedburgh (1 hr 20, £10).
A taxi from Edinburgh airport to Kelso or Jedburgh takes 1 - 1.5 hours (cost: approx. £85-£95). Prices may be significantly higher on Sundays
and public holidays. Taxis can be booked via the ATG office.For further information on getting to the route, see the Frequently Asked Questions below the itinerary.Close Window