ATG is almost alone in the travel industry in offering Escorted trips on which, from the moment you meet our Tour Consultants to the moment you leave for home, everything except your own private expenditure (drinks between meals, postcards, gifts) is included. This has been the basis of all ATG Escorted trips since the Company was founded in 1979.
What sort of trips?
Original Journeys: ATG’s Escorted Journeys on foot. Continuous routes (all pioneered by ATG!) through the most beautiful and interesting areas of Europe; the best available hotels and restaurants; ATG Leader and Manager and deluxe Mercedes minibus. Walk as much or as little as you like.
Discovering: Exploring the most beautiful countryside and the most outstanding sights in the most rewarding way possible – on foot; the best hotels and restaurants; ATG Leader and Manager and deluxe Mercedes minibus. Walk as much or as little as you like. (On non-European trips there is an ATG Leader and specialist local guides; vehicles are appropriate to the terrain.)
- Trips escorted by trained ATG Tour Leaders and Managers *
- Trip itineraries from 5-15 days, ranging from £935/$1,545-£8865/$14,625
- Small, compatible groups, up to a maximum of 16 people
- Everything is included: all accommodation; all meals and wines; all transfers, including flights (when part of the itinerary); all specified excursions and visits; and all tips en route.
- Hotels and restaurants, many of them renowned, are always the best and most characteristic available on each itinerary. Many of them have been welcoming ATG clients for decades!
- Every level of walking from easy and relaxing to challenging and momentous. Each trip has a deluxe air-conditioned Mercedes minibus (or two), so you can walk as much or as little as you like.
- Transport of luggage en route
- The Tour Leader will provide succinct two-minute sound bites on each aspect of the wide range of interests in each itinerary – and if you want to know more they’ll be delighted to explore these ‘one-to-one’.
- Celebrated ATG picnics. The Tour Manager will meet you at lunchtime each day with an ATG picnic lunch.**
- In true ATG style, the atmosphere of each trip is friendly and relaxed.
- These interesting itineraries attract like-minded people – who like each other!
- And what’s not included? Transport to/from the beginning/end of the trip, as our clients come from all over the world…
*Non-European trips are accompanied by an ATG-trained Tour Leader and specialist local guides.
**On non-European trips lunch styles vary (picnic, packed, restaurant, private home).
Tell me more…
Our Escorted groups are small and compatible, made up of a maximum of 16 people. Photo by Lucy Foley
…with time to ‘stop and stare’ – whether at a rare and beautiful flower….
….or to enjoy a spectacular view.
We use the best and most characteristic hotels available on each itinerary.
We eat in the best restaurants…
…and drink the best wines!
The Tour Leader leads the walks and the daily activities, and will provide two-minute sound bites to keep you informed.
The Tour Manager will meet you each day at lunchtime with a celebrated ATG picnic lunch…
…often in an idyllic location! Photo by Francis Oravetz
The accompanying minibus (es) mean you can walk as much or as little as you like. Photo by Francis Oravetz
‘The best way to see a country is on foot!’ Walking, apart from maximising the experience and enjoyment of travel, is the healthiest form of exercise – ensuring you return home feeling revitalised and refreshed. Photo by Sarah Wellburn